Friday 8 January 2016

Akaroa Drive Play Area, Maupuia

Google maps does not pronounce Akaroa or Maupuia well. Still, we were determined to cover more of the Eastern playgrounds and headed out.


The children liked the pirate ship themed playground, and enjoyed the lookout binoculars greatly. My youngest said 'me hearties' a number of times.

There was a mysterious unmarked path which I wanted to explore. It was the steepest path I've encountered in a long time and the children took some persuading. I hoped that there was a lookout or something, but it was just a cut through to the next street.


There were two toddler swings, two big kid swings and s picnic table. The long green slide was very popular, unfortunately both girls were wearing shorts so burnt the back of their legs :(

No comments:

Post a Comment