Wednesday 26 December 2012

Introduction: documenting summer activities

I was excited and nervous for my oldest daughter's first school holidays last year.  It has been a long time since I had her at home full time and I really wanted to demonstrate that I could entertain the children together through the holidays.

It was, on the whole, a good time.  The children got on very well and we went and did a lot of activities.  I think we went to the zoo five times.  Carter Observatory and Te Papa were other favourites.  There were a few days hanging around the house, a lot of playdates and many walks around the neighbourhood.  I missed my eldest daughter once she returned to school!

The next school holiday was similar. 

The third school holiday was a bit of a disaster.  The children bickered.  And bickered.  There were a lot of playdates and a couple of special days out together while the youngest was at creche.

This year I resolved to plan lots of activities to try and avoid the bickering!  My hope is that the activities I list help other parents entertain their kids during the holidays.  I'd love more ideas!




No comments:

Post a Comment